SALES MANAGER (OF A HOTEL)
This job description applies to hotels with less than 400 rooms.
Reports to General Manager of the unit and has a dotted line relationship with Vice President (Marketing).
- In charge of defining, proposing to the hotel General Manager and applying Sales & Marketing Policies aimed at obtaining the highest possible occupancy rate at a satisfactory receipts / unit level.
- Advise and assist the restaurant department to help it maximize results.
- Assist room division and restaurant department to heighten awareness and supervise. Sales training of personnel in direct contact with clients.
A. Propose and define hotel marketing strategy. This requires.
- Knowledge and understanding of markets.
- Know and analyze the economic, political and social situation of the country.
- Keep abreast of all traffic trends and developments from a local, national and international stand point.
- Detect potential growth markets for his hotel.
- Know the competition products (advantages/weakness) and developments, clients/market mix rate policies, results (ARR, Sale)
- Know existing clientele, reports statistics and data of the hotel in consultation with the Front Office Manager.
- Make up the client file.
- Apply methods designed to follow client portfolio evolution.
- Define and apply sale call plan and follow up on results.
- Apply methods for following up sales personnel results.
- Negotiate contract with intermediates and clients with high potential.
- Make certain that the information that figures in the reservation systems is updated and correctly used.
- Take part in important promotional events (trade shows/workshops etc) when judged necessary.
- Apply the inter hotel sales policy defined by Head Office vis-à-vis clients already in hotel, in close collaboration with Front Office Manager.
- Promote the other hotels in the chain on the local market.
- Advise and assist the restaurant manager.
2. Product Policy Conception
- To meet the expectations of target client segments, the sales manager must make certain that his product policy evolves in conjunction with client expectation.
3. Rates, Policy Definition
- Must take into account product positioning, competition and market evolution.
4. Distribution Policy Definition
- Must take into account segments.
- Must respect applicable rates for the payment of intermediaries.
5. Proposals And Definition Of Marketing Action Plan
- Based on above elements, the sales manager is to propose marketing objectives for his hotel (occupancy rate / client mix markets / average room rate)
- Plan of action is to be applied to reach objectives in terms of:
- Public Relations